2003 Ranger 175 VS bought today...question

Seaman
Bought myself a Like new Ranger today at auction (very excited). I have just one question (so far). Under the center of the seat section are two grab handles that are on retractable straps and they don't come out very far. Can't figure out what they would be used for. Any thoughts?
Thanks
Jeff

NYBo

Admiral
Re: 2003 Ranger 175 VS bought today...question

Pictiures would help.

flycaster

Petty Officer 2nd Class

sounds like retractable cleats

MH Hawker

Vice Admiral

I am betting its a hidden beer cooler

i guess live well drain valves but it could be a smugglers boat depending on the auction so watch out for ejector seats or hidden weapons.

proberly something called a "passenger assist grab straps"

no idea what that is as they dont have pictures of it

Last edited:

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Crank that puppy up to full throttle and I bet the nearest passenger grabs them! :D

Good luck with the new boat!

Seaman

Hmmm boobie traps...I like it! Beer cooler...I may have to work on that. But now that I think about it, livewell drain's make sense since it is a split livewell just behind them. I would post pictures, but have never been able to post them here. I see how to do it, but think it must be my computer, cause it always gets lost and wiggs out, so I gave up trying. I can't wait to use this boat....very excited. I have an old ('81) Ranger and have had a lot of fun with it, but time to upgrade I guess. Have never been around a boat this well enginered for fishing, so will learn as I go as to the features. Thanks!
Jeff

Seaman

Well after further review, these handles are for the co anglers sense of security...they are made for them to hang onto while hitting rough water. I like the other ideas better.