2003 Evinrude 150hp trim problem

Tekin

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I posted a question yesterday, and got a response to change out the replay on my 2003 150 hp Evinrude. I did so still having the same issues. The trim will go down but only goes up when when it wants to. Also the trim buttons on the throttle handle and back of the motor does the same so it probably isnt the buttons unless both are bad? Any other suggestions would be very much appreciate!!
!

boobie

Supreme Mariner
It could also be some bad connections in the pdp panal where the relay plugs in. Been known to happen.

Rustywrench

Petty Officer 1st Class
I was thinking that Boobie or where trim motor plugs in. You can test trim motor at that site with jumper wires to trim harness. Not PDP. If trim motor is running, but motor is not going up? Could be low on TNT fluid? Just a possibility. Also trim limit swtich? Of course jogging the switch would not fix that. Just thinking out loud.

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
Some of these issues...ya just gotta be there.

so, you have two switches. One on the cowl and one on the control. Ohm each from red to blue. Isolate the switch first (disconnect it). You want very low ohms between red and blue while pressing up.

find the two relays on the motor that work the trim. Place your fingers on them. Press the up switch. Do you feel/hear anything?

swap the relays position, does this change anything? Does it make it go down but not up, or vice versa?

when it won't go up can you hear the motor run but no movement? or only a click and no motor running? Or just nothing? Or motor runs and makes squealing and gurgle noise but just a little movement?

try and answer as many as you can. The more info the better on these issues

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
Also need model number. Does yours have relays or solenoids? I cant remeber. Some 4 strokes have solenoids. I forget what was available when and the model number lets us see which setup.

Tekin

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Jakedaawg only when I push up I get nothing. No noise nor power going to anything. It's working now for some reason. As long as I don't bring the motor all the way down it will work. If I bring the motor all the way down where the motor can no long go down any further that's when it will act up. Mod. No. E150FPXSRS. Thank so much guys.