2001 ficht 135 running out of gas

walleye seeker

Petty Officer 3rd Class
ok yesterday went out fishing boat ran perfect ran out there . switched over to kicker motor fished 4 hrs no problems yet. switched back to main engine ran in to channel no problems starting slow no wake in channel couple minutes later motor starts to idle rough spit an sputter i check primer bulbits soft so i pump it up runs great couple minutes later does it again and again. run full speed and it keeps doing it. running out of fuel but squeezing primer fixes issue temporarly.

I have the seasence 3 way valve to switch motors

MODEL E 135FPLSIF
SERIAL G 04922072

Haffiman

Commander
Re: 2001 ficht 135 running out of gas

Probably either an air leak between tank and engine (3-way valve?) or a failed lift pump on the engine.

walleye seeker

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I will check for a leak tonite . it appears that the lift pump is not rebuildable on my engine .

walleye seeker

Petty Officer 3rd Class

ok i replaced the fuel line a primer bulb put hose in a 5 gallon can of gas to isolate the problem and it still runs out of gas in about 3 minutes. if i prime it when its spitting and sputtering runs fine.

So i would suspect the lift pump needs a rebuild . I originally thought mine was not rebuildable but it is .

I will rebuild tomorrow and report back.

also replacing my return fuel line tomorrow it blew the schrader valve out 3 weeks ago and i have been running on a pc of 5/16 hose fitted between the the 2 hose barb ports since.

walleye seeker

Petty Officer 3rd Class

allright i rebuilt the lift pump and it d0es the exact same thing about 2-3 minutes it runs out of gas when you prime it cleans right up .

I seen no problems when i pulled the lift pump apart.

now what i can no longer check my fuel pressure since my engine no longer has the schrader valve for a test gauge.

i will mention when the electric fuel pump runs with key on it sounds kinda sick.

the only other work i did was replace fuel filter about 8 run hours ago but that shouldnt affect anything . i checked the filter its tight

walleye seeker

Petty Officer 3rd Class

ok so my next step was to look into the high pressure pump . i pulled it off andc checked hoses for obstructions reinstalled it and hooked the output side up to a five gallon gas can and let the pump run . it smoothed out and began to sound pretty normal .

I hooked it back up the right way and what ya know ran like a top . hopefully it was just acting up and wont do it again because the pump is $725 dollars are you kidding me .

i will use it a bit and report back

maybe may findings will help someone else

walleye seeker

Petty Officer 3rd Class

ok fished 2 nights in a row zero problems . Hope it is fixed