2001 200xl running hot and still having carb issues

dsiekman

Senior Chief Petty Officer
What a lousy summer. This spring I rebuilt the carb’s due to a fuel issue I was having last fall. It seemed that the floats were all sticking. If you smacked them a few times she’d be fine but it got worse up until the rebuild.

After rebuild she fired right up but was running hot. 180-200 on the hose. I did t stats. But that wasn’t it. New head gaskets as well. After the new gaskets it wouldn’t start. After much diagnosis I finally found the solenoid was shot and one ground had gone bad causing a lack of spark to the port bank. The boat sat for probably two months during while sorting it all out.

I finally figured out the ground issue today. Couldn’t get it to start but realized it wasn’t flooded. Out of frustration I smacked the carbs a few times and, sure enough, she started and idled just fine. Could my carbs be screwed up again already? It was still running about 175-185 degrees as well. That seems hot to me.

I hate boats.

Faztbullet

Supreme Mariner
That temps fine on a hose..stats open at 142°. If alarm is not sounding and horn is good your fine.

dsiekman

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Thanks Faztbullet. I was wondering if I needed to check the timing. It seems to idle a little fast.

Ant thought on the carbs?