2000 Sea Ray 5.0 Mercruiser, risers have different temperatures

onebighead

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I have another question. This Searay br210 has a 5.0 chevy mercruiser with alpha 1 drive, gen ll. While running on hose I noticed that starboard side riser hot to touch while port side was cool to warm. Next I observed water exiting aft. The starboard side an amount of water exiting with a little steam, while the port side showed more water exiting with no steam. The port side water was noticeably cooler to touch than starboard side. Removed riser in question and found some rust, cleaned passages, inspected the flapper valve, then put back together. Re-ran...no help. I am seeking any ideas. thanks
ps. engine gauge stays on 170 degrees

Bondo

Staff member
Re: 2000 Sea Ray 5.0 Mercruiser, risers have different temperatures

I have another question. This Searay br210 has a 5.0 chevy mercruiser with alpha 1 drive, gen ll. While running on hose I noticed that starboard side riser hot to touch while port side was cool to warm. Next I observed water exiting aft. The starboard side an amount of water exiting with a little steam, while the port side showed more water exiting with no steam. The port side water was noticeably cooler to touch than starboard side. Removed riser in question and found some rust, cleaned passages, inspected the flapper valve, then put back together. Re-ran...no help. I am seeking any ideas. thanks
ps. engine gauge stays on 170 degrees

Ayuh,.... Sounds reasonably normal to me....
Riser temps are Never exactly same....

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Ayuh,.... Sounds reasonably normal to me....
Riser temps are Never exactly same....

Especially when running on muffs.

onebighead

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Ok then. Thanks again...I appreciate you guys knowledge and replies....onward to see whats next on this boat of many issues.