2000 Johnson System check warning lights?

bdmurphy75

Cadet
Re: 2000 Johnson System check warning lights?

Thanks! Now, I been looking around, do I just replace it with the Lund ones I am finding on ebay or go dealer direct?

lrbennett76

Cadet

Bad Tach.

I have the exact same problem on my 2000 Johnson 90hp. I'm sure it is the same wireing and it is the same tach as shown in the picture although it does not say Lund. I know for a fact that it is origional to the boat.(It was my grandfathers boat) does anyone know if replacing the tach fixed the problem? My tach still works for rpm's and I'm thinking of keeping it and adding a seperate system check gauge.

speedysa

Recruit

I have the exact same problem on my 2000 Johnson 90hp. I'm sure it is the same wireing and it is the same tach as shown in the picture although it does not say Lund. I know for a fact that it is origional to the boat.(It was my grandfathers boat) does anyone know if replacing the tach fixed the problem? My tach still works for rpm's and I'm thinking of keeping it and adding a seperate system check gauge.

I know this is an old thread, but I am having the same problem.

I dont have a spare tach lying around but here is the problem. Just after DE-winterizing my boat the tach worked perfect, and everything seemed to be ok. But when I brought it home and turned on the ign, nothing works anymore. So, brought it back on the water and the RPM gague only works, no lights, no horn, no startup signal.

I am getting 12 v from the purple and black wires. Is there any other way to test if the tach is bad?

lrbennett76

Cadet

My tach was the problem I installed a warning light gauge and it solved the problem. I left my tach in place since it still works for rpm's