2000 Johnson 50 hp engine surging

cyclops222

Petty Officer 1st Class
Open every part that is down stream from that fuel line ! You could have loads of loose fibers sitting in every fuel area. Including the carb fuel lines and connectors. Put a real Fuel filter in the line before the fuel pump. To catch the next fuel line failure. Nice trouble shooting logic.(y)(y)

v35pilot

Cadet
I agree. I changed the fuel lines and I wanted to make sure I didn't have any leaks and I also wanted to see if I had a firing problem. That's why I was saying that I didn't know how it would hold up under a load on the lake. I'm just praying my problem is solved...lol
Have you checked the fuel lines going into the auto gas/oil mixing system(VRO) for debris, and the plastic fuel distributor that takes to one output fuel line from the VRO and splits it into three lines, one for each carb and one for the electric primer.

Chuck Gibson

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Problem solved!
I replaced the fuel line with 3/8" hose from an auto parts house. It is the standard black type of hose. I also replaced the primer bulb and hose to engine connector. I have took it out twice in the last two days and I am having no power problems.

Chuck Gibson

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Have you checked the fuel lines going into the auto gas/oil mixing system(VRO) for debris, and the plastic fuel distributor that takes to one output fuel line from the VRO and splits it into three lines, one for each carb and one for the electric primer.
VRO system was removed...

Chuck Gibson

Petty Officer 2nd Class
A very big THANK YOU to all of you folks who gave input to help me!
You guy's are the best!
Now to start another thread concerning my throttle control. Please help me again!!!!

tphoyt

Ensign
Great news just keep an eye on the hose. Most of the automotive stuff it’s UV rated and will dry out over time.