2000 Johnson 150 hp Port side temp switch

Jose67

Seaman
This may have been answered in my previous post but I was unclear on procedure. My port side temp switch (2 wire) is bad and it is no longer available for purchase. Can it be replaced with a one wire switch and if so what is the procedure? Thanks in advance.

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner
See it the one wire temp switch will thread into the block. If so, make some kind of a jumper from the sensor to the temp wire of the 2 wire sender. I would think a bullet type connector might work.

Remember the temp sender wire is tan. That is the one to connect the one wire temp sensor.

racerone

Supreme Mariner
One wire is for the " quickstart " feature.----The other wire is for overheat.-----Your location ?----Should be lots of good used ones available.

Jose67

Seaman
See it the one wire temp switch will thread into the block. If so, make some kind of a jumper from the sensor to the temp wire of the 2 wire sender. I would think a bullet type connector might work.

Remember the temp sender wire is tan. That is the one to connect the one wire temp sensor.
Thanks for the info.

racerone

Supreme Mariner
Part is also used on 115 HP ,90 HP , 70 HP and 3 cylinder 25 / 35 HP models.-----So a common part.----Call your local shops.----Somebody must have some good used ones !