2000 4.3 Vortec Lower end gasket set?

billbayliner

Chief Petty Officer
Just bought a new 4.3 long block and need to get a pan gasket, timing over gasket, water pump gasket, etc..... Wondering if anyone knew of a lower, basically a short block gasket set?

Thanks for the help....

Those familiar with these engine...... Are the pan gaskets the same for the truck engine and the boat engine? If so that would be easy to find..... Anything I should be concerned about?

wshekar

Petty Officer 3rd Class
They are the same as a truck. I think I used a Chevy Blazer to order mine. I bought a new timing cover since the gasket is built in. I got the water pump gaskets when I ordered a new pump, but I would have used the truck gaskets if they were not included.

I also couldn't find a timing cover without a crank position sensor hole so I bought a cheap sensor and stuck it in.... hooked up to nothing.

achris

More fish than mountain goat
When I had my problems with a bad oil pan I used any of the GM online parts suppliers. Most of the gaskets and internals are bog stock GM parts.

Oil pan gasket - GM10220906

Timing cover gasket is part of the timing cover. They are a 'single use' cover. Put them on. If you take them off, toss it in the bin and put a new one on.
Timing cover - GM89017259
Water pump gaskets - GM3754587

Or you could just get a Felpro set. (https://drivcat.com/overlays/part-detail.aspx?brandId=FL&pNum=CS 9354-3&partType=Engine Conversion Gasket Set)

wshekar

Petty Officer 3rd Class
The GM parts also tend to be overpriced. That GM timing cover will set you back about $100 or more. There are aftermarket parts like ATP 103074 ($25). Just have to decide if you are ok with the brand and quality. Similar with gaskets (FEL-PRO OS30680R). I believe these are the same gaskets for your year also.

I went with ATP timing cover. Only put an hour on the boat since so can't really say much about longevity. It'll get a work out this weekend.