2.3 fuel flow

allons

Seaman Apprentice
Thanks again to everyone out there thats offered exellent advise.
1987 omc 2.3, I rebuilt carb, installed new fuel pump, new fuel filter,
cleaned the fuel tank vent as much as i could, pulled the pick-up tube and cleaned, noticed cracked fuel line at both ends and was able to cut off enough to get by the cracks and still re-attach lines. Still no fuel to the filter.
Problem #2 hit the key and the starter engages, however, the solinoid doesen't release and I have to scramble to remove the battery lead. Tried tapping, nothing. The battery I am currently using is not the best,however it produces 13 volts at a full charge. Any help would be appreciated.
Allons

vegasphotoman

Lieutenant
Re: 2.3 fuel flow

sounds like you're gonna have to replace that solenoid :redface:

sometimes it takes a while and some decent cranking to get the fuel pumping...not that this is that safe .......have the but a little drizzle of gas into the carb will help the engine kinda 1/2 start and crank faster....

I dont know anything about 2.3 OMCs....(Im gonna guess its a ford 2.3 4 cylinder) on the fuel pump is there a rod that pumps the lever on the fuel pump or is it on a lobe off the cam or something? perhaps the rod is missing or the lobe worn out? just a thought

also when you rebuilt the carb....whats the chance that somehow the carb float needle is stuck closed and not allowing any fuel through the filter and lines due to the fact that it is stuck closed....
those needles have a little rubber tip and Ive seen em stuck closed on the past.... guess anythings possible....

good luck!