1of three carbs flood

skeffer

Petty Officer 3rd Class
First thank you to all that helped getting my motor running. :p I changed the amp box to a coil and condensor and now the motor starts and runs great as long as I keep it choked when it is not choked it dies. It idles great and starts great tho. Carbs were cleaned and all the gaskets replaced. :confused: <br /> Also how much water should be comming out the the water output with the engine at idle before a water pump is replace :confused:

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: 1of three carbs flood

Skeffer. <br /><br />It seems we have had this conversation before, but I don't have time to go looking for it.<br /><br />What make, model and year engine are you talking about?<br /><br />Let us know. :)

skeffer

Petty Officer 3rd Class

SORRY MR.JB<br />It is the 71 evinrude 60 hp when it stared it ran great so a personal thks to you for your help also.<br />PS :D I was dancing in the yard when she started running and my daughter and her friend where just starring at me as my daughter stated there is goes again of the deep end :D

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Hmmm. Hi, Skeffer. It is more common that engines idle fine but wont run when turned up.<br /><br />My first reaction is that your engine is too lean when on the low speed circuit, but when it gets on the high speed circuit it has enough.<br /><br />I don't have your '71 in my book, so I don't know if you have adjustible low speed jets. If you do, back them out about half a turn and see what happens.<br /><br />Otherwise you may have a weak fuel pump, or you may not have adequately cleaned the low/middle speed circuits in your carbs.<br /><br />Good luck. :)

skeffer

Petty Officer 3rd Class

JB<br />Yes I do have low speed adjustments and will try to adjust them out a 1/2 turn and see what happens will post later with update.