1999 yamaha 115 pin to set trim???

KMDisland

Seaman Apprentice
I just bought a 17' proline with a 1999 yamaha 115 OB. The motoor is a long shaft and the boat is suppose to have a short shaft engine. The guy did a really nice job building the extension bracket, See pictures. prop numbers.jpgmotor 3.jpgmotor 1.jpgmotor 2.jpg

My problem is the boat seems to bounch up and down when cruising. I have the trim set all the way down. I know usually if it is bouncing that means it needs to be trimmed down more. The cavitation plate is about level with the botom V on the boat so I think the motor height is OK. The propeller is 13*19-K

Is there any type of Pin I neede to re-adjust to get this motor to go down more? This is my first yammy and do not know too much about them. I know my old johnsons use to have this.

Thanks
KMDISLAND

Last edited:

robert graham

Admiral
Re: 1999 yamaha 115 pin to set trim???

Move the pin on the lower motor bracket forward by one hole and try it. You should be able to adjust the pin to eliminate the porpoising or bouncing.

KMDisland

Seaman Apprentice

RG,
That is my question does this motor have a pin like that? I know this is how I use to adjust my johnsons. In the picture I have the trim all the way down.
Thanks
kmdisland

robert graham

Admiral

Tilt motor all the way up and engage tilt lock, look down there for the adjustable pin, easy to move!