1999 Mercury 115HP Jet Drive Lacks Power

skeeeter

Cadet
I have a 1999 Merc 115 HP. The motor lacks power off idle. Recently I replaced the water cover that had cracked on the rear of the motor. The crack was causing water to spray on the bottom spark plug and was causing a severe missfire. When I replaced the cover I changed the Spark plugs I also checked the compression which was even at about 120psi across the board. After that repair it ran great for a week and then the power loss came back. I checked for spark again and its good. The compression is still good. So Im wondering if anyone has an opinion on the most likely culprit for fuel problems. I think that it is the accelerator pump, If I start the motor I can depress the rod that sticks out of the pump and I get basically no response from the motor until it is fully depressed. Any ideas would be great the Salmon are biting and I need to get back out there.

skeeeter

Cadet
no no pics. I recycled the old cover that had a crack. It had cracked on the bottom near the lowest cylinder. It looked like it hadnt been properly drained last winter and had frozen and caused the water cover to crack.

skeeeter

Cadet
So just an update. The accelerator pump pushrod was worn at a bevel. I replaced it with a new one. I also sealed the area above the jet drive where it attaches to the motor as I could see water spraying out between the two pieces when at WOT and on plane. Those two repairs seemed to have helped but it still does not have full power. I guess im left with the fuel pump or four carburetors. Anyone know what the fuel pressure spec is supposed to be and where to check it. I would assume its close to a car with a carburetor probable 2psi.... But obviously thats a guess. Please help!