1998 OX66225 hesitation/stumble

slapshotjh

Seaman Apprentice
Re: 1998 OX66225 hesitation/stumble

Any idea what the resistance should be? The manual I have only outlines a peak voltage reading at cranking speed and at various rpms.

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

dont have any manuals here, they are are still in a storage locker in kitty hawk. I hope to start retrieving them today though.

slapshotjh

Seaman Apprentice

Looks like I can't get that part until the middle of next week. Is it ok to run the boat with this issue (keep it below 4000 rpms) It seems to run ok at 3200-3600. I don't want to break it.

slapshotjh

Seaman Apprentice

A late update. I replaced the crank position sensor and retested with the winky blinky. The result was that it still showed code 14. I was able to borrow a Yamaha manual from a member on this board (JohnfromMadison) and spent about an hour going through it. It was when I was reading the wiring diagrams that I realized the problem. The 4 pin connectors on the O2 sensor and the crank position sensor are the same size, and can be interchanged. It appears that the folks that rebuilt the power head swapped the connectors so that both the O2 sensor and the crank postion sensor were not functioning. I only was able to find it because I figured out that the green wires from the crank position sensor changed to gray and black after the connector. The wiring diagram did not show such a color change.

So after several months of frustration, the motor is finally fixed!

magnoman

Petty Officer 2nd Class

After all te trouble I am having with my low rpm rough running. My local Yamaha dealer tech said he would lend me there Winky Blinky. Just wondering how to use it and where can I find the code list. I am assuming it's like reading a ecu code on a car.