1998 Force 120- Exhaust Plate, Head & Reeds (PICTURES)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nalegtx149

Cadet
anyone here happen to know how to tighten the reed plate/carburetor adapter back onto the engine? i can not find any torque specs. I tried tightening until snug but found several leaks once i got it started (it was a b*tch to start with those leaks too). I'm taking the plate back off tomorrow and will try to tighten in a circular inside/out pattern but really would like to now if i need a specific torque? Should i locktite all these bolts too?
the bolts im speaking of are the ones that bolt to the engine not to the reed blocks (see picture)

Attachments

• photo331392.png
    photo331392.png
    580 KB · Views: 2

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
anyone here happen to know how to tighten the reed plate/carburetor adapter back onto the engine? i can not find any torque specs. I tried tightening until snug but found several leaks once i got it started (it was a b*tch to start with those leaks too). I'm taking the plate back off tomorrow and will try to tighten in a circular inside/out pattern but really would like to now if i need a specific torque? Should i locktite all these bolts too?
the bolts im speaking of are the ones that bolt to the engine not to the reed blocks (see picture)

You may gat some answers if you start a new thread of your own instead of tagging one that's 6 years old.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.