1997 mercury 115 hp oil

Johnson110

Chief Petty Officer
I have the oil injection on this motor. I have mercury premium plus in oil tank less than half full. I filled the rest of the tank with the premium only oil. After doing this I realized they are now mixed synthetic and conventional oils, Is this ok to mix the oils? Thanks for any replies !!

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner
If it makes you feel any better, the difference between synthetic (PAO) based oils and dino based oils being a problem is resolved by the fact that Synthetic Blend oils have been on the market since the beginning and Premium Plus is a blended oil already....says so right on the container.

Johnson110

Chief Petty Officer
Yes as long as its ok to mix them, Normally I would not do this but after I added the the premium oil to the tank I saw that I had put premium plus in tank already. Just making sure that it will not hurt engine took me awhile to get used to the automatic oil system and I like it better than mixing the oil like I used to do, Texas I read your threads about this motor and I learned a few thing about how it works thanks!