1997 Chaparral 2330 Bowrider - Minor Restore and Refit

drewm3i

Petty Officer 1st Class
I think it's on page 2 of this thread where I discuss the seat base mount. From the photos, you can see that there really wasn't a viable method of mounting to the existing materials. I am willing to bet that there was a different method used in your boat, if not because of the difference between the models, but in the inadequacy of the mounting method in my model year. The method I employed not only provides for a very solid mount, but also allows for base replacement with the removal of 3 hex bolts.

Yep, I had the same hacked out holes from rusted seat bushing that Chap used for some reason! I did, however, have three layers of wood around my seat base holes, so I lagged new big SS screws into new holes. Seems to be holding pretty well so far, this is what I was working with:

1101151558_zpsrcdjkjxg.jpg

NorthwestChap

Petty Officer 1st Class
Yep, I had the same hacked out holes from rusted seat bushing that Chap used for some reason! I did, however, have three layers of wood around my seat base holes, so I lagged new big SS screws into new holes. Seems to be holding pretty well so far, this is what I was working with:

Looks similar. When you mentioned fuel lines, it sounded like it was entirely different.

drewm3i

Petty Officer 1st Class
Looks similar. When you mentioned fuel lines, it sounded like it was entirely different.

Fuel lines are on the other side. That is the driver side. These boats are decently made, but workmanship is skimpy and poor at times...that's a lot of what we deal with LOL!

NorthwestChap

Petty Officer 1st Class
I was scraping the bottom of the barrel, literally, for the last bit of gelcoat to texture the footrests. I had to thin it a bit with styrene monomer, unfortunately, the texture came out slightly different. It's not really noticeable except when down close though.

NorthwestChap

Petty Officer 1st Class
I had fiberglassed and gelcoated the small cover for the fuel lines and installed that as well.

NorthwestChap

Petty Officer 1st Class
I didn't like the spring used to hold up the ski locker hatch. It was an accident waiting to happen with the hatch very easily falling on small fingers and no longer covered in carpet.

NorthwestChap

Petty Officer 1st Class
I was going to screw down the fuel tank access hatch, but after adding some weather stripping, I found that it is pretty secure. I just need to center it better.

NorthwestChap

Petty Officer 1st Class
New hinges for the doghouse. New access port for the tank fuel line connection. Rear seat kick panels installed. She's done...

JASinIL2006

Vice Admiral
Nice work! Looks brand new. Time for a splash? Remember, pictures or it didn't happen!