1996 Volvo Penta Cobra SX Overheat

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrocheN

Cadet
Re: 1996 Volvo Penta Cobra SX Overheat

The impeller that we are talking about is in #31. You can hook a hose up to the hose that goes back to the drive(i can't remember if its 8 or 9) and make sure that passage is clear if you want. If you haven't changed that impeller in the last 2 years, you should replace it.

You don't replace the circulating pump impeller.

I am going to check to see if water flows from 8 back to the drive right now.

ferrall

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Ok, how about some help with my overheating problem. I posted it earlier tonite:confused:

BrocheN

Cadet

So it was actually hose 9 that goes back to the drive. Hooked the hose to it and water flowed freely out of the drive. So this means it is the impeller (like all of you said all along :D)?

And ferrall, you definitely deserve some help for all youve done for me! :p

ferrall

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I'm sure you've got it out by now. I takes me an hour tops now that I know what to. I usually take the whole pump out and work on it somewhere else. Let me know how it went

Cruzer1800

Cadet
I found the raw water pump where described, pulled it off and disassembled it. The impeller has ZERO fins on it, perfectly round. Well, there's your problem. Now Im wondering where all of those random little pieces of rubber are going to land...? Is there some spot they will collect, or will the just wash out??

Last edited:

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
I found the raw water pump where described, pulled it off and disassembled it. The impeller has ZERO fins on it, perfectly round. Well, there's your problem. Now Im wondering where all of those random little pieces of rubber are going to land...? Is there some spot they will collect, or will the just wash out??
Last edited by Cruzer1800; Today, 06:59 PM. Reason: and another thing... I want to thank all you people on here for being so helpful to a newbie!! Quality folks, thanks!
We would like it even better if you read the Help Tip on top of the page and started your own thread. Oh you did, use that one for the impeller questions. This one is 6 years old.

Closed

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.