1996 70 hp evinrude carburetors.

titaniumneck

Petty Officer 1st Class
How much would a shop charge to clean all 3 carburetors on a 1996 70 hp evinrude outboard?

racerone

Supreme Mariner
You might be shocked at the cost.------What makes you suspect it needs to be done?----Did motor sit for a number of years with fuel in the carburetors?------ What other trouble shooting has been done.?-----Last question that needs an answer, What is the motor doing , not doing ?

titaniumneck

Petty Officer 1st Class
Motor set up, and drained carburetors with a tar like substance coming out of them. I am disabled so I am going to have to get a shop to do it. I was just trying to get an approximate price so I don't get screwed.

Faztbullet

Supreme Mariner
About $375 in my shop..Includes: Labor/parts to remove/install/sync-link/fuel hose/OMC fuel line tie-straps/carb kits(OEM) and ultra sound cleaning.

sutor623

Rear Admiral
Motor set up, and drained carburetors with a tar like substance coming out of them. I am disabled so I am going to have to get a shop to do it. I was just trying to get an approximate price so I don't get screwed.

Too bad you're not in VA. Id tell ya we could do it over a couple beers and then you could take me fishin. :)

hunter200524

Seaman Apprentice
1.0 hour per carb is pretty standard. So depending on labor rates in your area 3.0 hours plus 3 carbs kits at around 20 bucks a pop.

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
I charge about what faztbullett charges. 300-400 with everything he mentioned everything. Closer to the high side of that. My shop is in a high rent area of NW lower Mi. Glen Lake.

titaniumneck

Petty Officer 1st Class
Does a carburetor rebuild kit come with high speed brass jet, and long straw like tube that leads up to low pressure (idle) port on top of carburetor. I believe all these are original from 1985 and should be replaced also. And all other brass fittings like needle valve set. ( I say brass because the color indicates brass) but if they are not part of original carburetor rebuild kit, I need to order them)

racerone

Supreme Mariner
Those wee brass " straw like tubes " are not considered replaceable.----Not sure why you insist on replacing all the brass parts ?

titaniumneck

Petty Officer 1st Class
Not, really insisting on it. I just thought it might need to be done. If not I won't.
Another quick question, how much would a shop charge to change impeller on 1985 70 hp evinrude?