1996 115 Looper Carb Rebuild...I need help!

ksubigbuck

Petty Officer 2nd Class
It appears that the throttle body needs to come off because that is where the jets are located, but I can't see any plausible way to get the throttle body off without removing the lower pan/cowling. I attempted to remove the lower pan, but after removing the three bolts that fasten to two sides together it isn't budging. Am I missing something? I have the factory service manual, but it doesn't cover the removal of the throttle body or the lower pan. I'm at an impasse here...has anyone dealt with this?

Thanks,
Hunter

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
There are four bolts. One on out side in front, one on inside bottom in front. Two readily noticeable in back

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
Once you get the cowl off to get throttle bodies off is just digging and un-bolting and unhooking...

ksubigbuck

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Jake, you are the man. I missed the rearmost bolt. The handle to unlock the upper cowl was covering the bolt...flipped it over and there it was. Sometimes I'm an idiot :)

bob johnson

Rear Admiral
youre NOT an idiot...you came here....!!!!!!! that shows how smart you are!......the little things that help us continue on our way !!

ksubigbuck

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Interesting...all 4 carbs had the intermediate orifices completely loose behind the bowl drain plug. Do these have a habit of coming loose on their own? I noticed the manual doesn't give a torque spec for this orifice, only the plug.

ksubigbuck

Petty Officer 2nd Class
One was warped excessively, the other three weren't too bad. I went ahead and replaced all 4 :greedy_dollars: