1995 Johnson OB 150HP

allmuckmojo

Seaman Apprentice
Hey guys, This came on my first boat (3rd owner), I got a nice deal, but the motor has been sitting for 3 years. The previous owner put about 60 hours on it and the 1st owner only put about 30 before selling it to him. It looks really clean on the inside, I will post a few more pix up tomorrow. I know I want to change out a few things before trying to test the engine. Old gas tank has sludge in the bottom, Im replacing with a 12 gallon plastic and keep a 10ga spare. I wanna change the fuel lines and buy new batteries. Now after all this, what else should I check on the motor before trying to start her up? Should go straight to checking compression? After three years I would assume a full tune up? ? ? I thought some of the main gaskets would be worn and dry but they look perfect still. Thanks in advance for any tips or advice. 19ftbowrider-036.jpg19ftbowrider-038.jpg19ftbowrider-020.jpg19ftbowrider-015.jpg

Daviet

Fleet Admiral
Re: 1995 Johnson OB 150HP

Check the "Top Secret File" stickey at the top of the page, there is a section on awaking a sleeping engine.