1994 Excel 18 foot, Good Deal?

driver_dav

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I'm looking at this boat next weekend, its a 1994 Excel 18 footer with the Volvo Penta 230, its extremely clean and hes including: Boat trailer cover two tubes ropes tie down ropes anchor 2 life-jackets also have all books on the boat and motor, muffs, and hitch. He's selling for $3,500. Its in the Minnesota market, seem like a good deal? Everything else at this price point is damaged upholstery or soft floors, this is no issues, get in and go

Attachments

• photo298463.jpg
    photo298463.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 1
  • photo298464.jpg
    photo298464.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 1
  • photo298465.jpg
    photo298465.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 1
  • photo298466.jpg
    photo298466.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 1
  • photo298467.jpg
    photo298467.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 1

roffey

Commander
Its a sharp looking boat. Looks fast just sitting on the trailer, lol. Keep in mind it is a 24 year old boat and condition is every thing. You can have a 5 year old boat beat up beyond repair and a 30 year old boat that was driven on Sundays and garage stored in between. I think if you like the boat and its in your budget then go for it.

southkogs

Staff member
It's a good looking boat. Maybe a little on the high priced side (I'm finding I'm becoming a real cheapskate), but you're not getting hosed if the boat is really in that good of shape. I'd pay extra for one that's been well cared for. Some great stuff to help you look it over HERE.

:welcome:

driver_dav

Petty Officer 3rd Class
It's a good looking boat. Maybe a little on the high priced side (I'm finding I'm becoming a real cheapskate), but you're not getting hosed if the boat is really in that good of shape. I'd pay extra for one that's been well cared for. Some great stuff to help you look it over HERE.

:welcome:

Yea it's average value from nada is $3k without the value of the trailer, everything around here at that price point is real old, damaged upholstery, or soft floors

SDSeville

Lieutenant
Nice looking boat. I would do it in a minute if there are no signs of rot. Give it a thorough once over. New carpet and beautiful upholstery can hide some pretty ugly stuff. ...although I doubt it in this case.

driver_dav

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Nice looking boat. I would do it in a minute if there are no signs of rot. Give it a thorough once over. New carpet and beautiful upholstery can hide some pretty ugly stuff. ...although I doubt it in this case.

I think it's all original