1992 Stratos 2250 here we go again

nurseman

Lieutenant Junior Grade
I think the green looks better on the floor! The black and red are nice together.

Mark72233

Ensign
I think if you keep it below 100 knots you should be fine :D any speeds over that she will get a little loose on ya. Ahmincha I cant see any issues with it that looks good.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
crooked hulls run faster .... It's a known fact .. The black definataly goes with the red better ...

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Minch, you might try this trick for grins. Wash the area with acetone really well then mix up some gelcoat and thin it just a bit with acetone. then use a bondo spreader and scrape the gelcoat really hard over those cracks. You might be able to force the gel down into the cracks a bit and make em look a bit better. It's worth a try and wouldn't take a lot of gel and or effort. OR just pretend this Dumb Old Okie didn't say a Word!!!!!:eek::D;)

ahmincha

Lieutenant Commander
Thanks guys its going to take me a long time to clean the garage.
wood the cracks them self don't bother me cosmetically I just wanted to make sure there was know underlying issues which I poked around where I could and the inside where some of the cracks are is issue free. Some places I can not see. plus I wouldn't know where to begin trying to match the gel coat. And I don't want to paint anymore boat LOL!!!

ahmincha

Lieutenant Commander
My motor holes were a touch off so I had to redrill bottom ones. A bit chilly this morning so helping pb set

ahmincha

Lieutenant Commander
[URL=http://s963.photobucket.com/user/ahmincha/media/P4190003_zpsyzhnbh6s.jpg.html]
P4190002_zpsbjdstxsi.jpg
[/URL]
Ok so I started to mount motor and was going to use top holes. With motor mounted to jack plate in top holes the cavitation plate is approx 2" above bottom of boat. The jack plat is all the way up and has 8" of travel should I be raising the motor by using the other holes I am thinking atleast 2 holes down which will raise motor 11/2" more
What do you guys think?

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
I have always heard the vent plate should be even or a little above the hull bottom .. But you raise it 1 inch to every inch of setback on the jackplate ...
I think .. :noidea: or something like that

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Yup...Sam is right it is something like that. Not sure myself but googlin the topic does brings Sams comments to bear. Check into the motor mfg., they should have some type of formula to apply. So....like,....what do I know anyway?

ahmincha

Lieutenant Commander
I forgot to mention it is hydraulic and is meant to be used to raise the motor not lower . So from the few things I found I want to br in the third hole down minimum to make room for the steering that would put the plate about 3.5" above bottom of boat at full height

ahmincha

Lieutenant Commander
well I have it on and am having second thoughts. Like a dummy I started reading in the net and there is a lot of dicussion about jack plates putting extra weight on transom. my boat is rated a 300 hp I put a 250 hp motor on .Going to specs my 250 is same weight as old 2 stroke 300 hp. So I am worried the 6" setback is not a good idea. Any comments would be appreciated

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Have some plugs ready for the self bailers ifin ya got em. Only kidding. Sounds like a water test to me.

ahmincha

Lieutenant Commander
LOL I am not so worried about the weight in respect to bouancy im more concerned if the transom can handle it structurally .
I bought it from bobs machine shop so I called them they said the factory transom can handle it fine but since I had my transom done I should ck with the place that did my transom. As you all know I did my transom. Hence the reason I am worried

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Ah hahahaha....Hence since you did it " No Worries Man!" Better than factory. Balls to the Walls. You'll be just fine. :)

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
If the 250 weighs as mush or the same as the old 300 I would think it's fine ....
Looks good !

Mark72233

Ensign
ahmincha, if I was close to ya I wouldn't hesitate to jump into that boat with you and go wide open throttle. You built it right and better than original. She'll handle that motor just fine.

ahmincha

Lieutenant Commander
So this is my buddies 05 sea ray We believe its been like this from the factory it had 2 garboard drains. The top one was leaking a little and did cause a little rot which we were able to get out. The hole is 2" deep by 1 1/4" diameter can I just fill with hairy pb fare and gel coat?