1992 Stratos 2250 here we go again

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Running great ! Good feeling knowing all the structure under the deck is all fresh and sound huh ...Bring on the fish slime !

ahmincha

Lieutenant Commander
Yes it is a great feeling. Having a little issue with motor runs great up to 4400 rpm then after a moment or 2 it falls on its face. Does not stall takes a few moments then back to normal till 4400. I posted over in johnson motor area tomorrow I'll ck all my fuel filters.
But on a good note boat handles well first day out there was a good 2 foot chop then today it was flat. A little different from the old center console

ahmincha

Lieutenant Commander
Oh no this one is far from done KFC I just got it in water for end of season. I still have a lot of cosmetics and dialing everything in. Boat has know electronic except fuel and rpm gauges. More to come end of season

ahmincha

Lieutenant Commander
I made a wrong turn pulled in a driveway to turn around looked up and seen this

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Thats pretty cool ! :cool: You could use the tiller handle as a flag ...

ahmincha

Lieutenant Commander
Hey all been doing a little boating boats running well. We had the air show in town this weekend so I went downtown on boat and watched the Thunderbird from lake Erie It was cool . So on my way back I started thinking twin engines would be nice Now I don't have the room on my transom or twins so I thought maybe a transom bracket with swim platform From what I have read the main con with them is your moving the center of gravity. But as my boat sits now it i stern high
Does anyone have any first hand experience All opinions welcome

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Do a google search for Porta Bracket .
Those brackets look awesome !

nurseman

Lieutenant Junior Grade
I just looked at those brackets^^^^:D Super sweet looking! But I bout fell out of my chair when I looked at the prices!:eek::faint2::eek: But since it ain't my money... I really think that one of those would be just what you need for your boat

zool

Captain
Just throw a kicker on there Minch, for trolling and getting home after a breakdown....a full bracketed conversion will prove too costly, imo...once you price the bracket, the twins, guages and controls...

You could always pull the cap and redo the transom cutout tho :D

ahmincha

Lieutenant Commander
Thanks sphelps I will do that
Ha-ha I like your advice nurseman
Zool I have a 150 now so I thought I could find another of the same species. My actual control needs replacement anyhow which I no a dual cost more and the bracket I was looking at was made in Florida by aj welders. Yes pricey but not super pricey.
I did think about redoing transom but that doesn't give me the added benefit of the bracket.
I know it sounds like my mind's made up but it not aside of cost if the benefits out way the cons its something I would do. That's why I ask on this forum as I value all your opinions and expertise
Plus remember I have to repower anyhow single 150 is not enough

Last edited:

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
nurseman;n10038925: But since it ain't my money... I really think that one of those would be just what you need for your boat[/QUOTE said:
We may not be good at a lot of things but we are great at spending other peoples money ! :D

zool

Captain
Actually, looking at ur pics again, the transom is already cut out as wide as it can, but twins would still be a bit tight.

Having the performance, and redundance of twins is certainly a benefit, especially for any offshore use, my last 2 offshore rigs had twins, and I don't think I would go back to single at this stage of the game...I limped home quite a few times when things went wrong.

Aside from cost, the biggest con would be rebuilding back the solid transom, and making it look good where the cap wraps the stern.

The AG platform bracket looks like it would do the job, and give u the swim platform to boot, Armstrong also makes brackets to check out.

http://www.armstrongnautical.com/brackets.htm

Lets do it man lol :D

ahmincha

Lieutenant Commander
Would I have to close the transom? I've seen a few with the notched out transom

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
That's a nice pc. there Minch! I forget now but what size motor is your boat rated for?