1992 Stratos 2250 here we go again

ahmincha

Lieutenant Commander
Well its now -2 for whoever cares . I'm bored tonight my wife made me work.

nurseman

Lieutenant Junior Grade
-5 at my place now...I went to work last night it was about 25, came out this morning and it was about 2. Not pleasant at all.

Last edited:

ahmincha

Lieutenant Commander
yeah 0 here are not the norm with wind chill -11 are high for tomorrow was updated to -4 wind chill - 30 but its only for a day or so. I'm thinking we all may have to pitch in and get mark a winter coat haha

nurseman

Lieutenant Junior Grade
LOL! I don't know how those Florida folks manage to survive!!! sphelps was complaining about his mosquito problem a few weeks ago, so maybe kick in a couple of bucks for some repellent for him as well.:laugh:

ahmincha

Lieutenant Commander
yeah nurseman I forget how good we have it. And how rough the Floridians have it

Mark72233

Ensign
It is true, except the one I have provided by my work I don't own a winter coat . I did live in northwest PA and Wichita,Kansas so I kind of remember what snow and ice look like but I will stay here and hunker down

ahmincha

Lieutenant Commander
All kidding aside its what you are used to. I don't like the cold but it beats 90+ and humid

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
About 55/60 and sunny down here ... :joyous:
But the fiberglass still itches ! :D

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
All kidding aside its what you are used to. I don't like the cold but it beats 90+ and humid

Ahmincha,
Just went thru a portion of your last rebuild. Wow!!! Maybe I can read the rest tom. if the snow blows in here like they say.
Thanks for the thread and info.
KC

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Thanks kc I was taught a lot on that build

Here's a question.
-Are going to rig the stearing above or below deck?
-other than aesthetics or was it built that way? {under the deck} originally.
-Is your electric going to be in a separate bus rail/conduit or be in thew same bus rail. 4" on the rail...correct?

Just wondering on the different applications. I asked a Good ole' Boy crabber and he suggests run steering above board under the gunnel. For future service or replacement.

ahmincha

Lieutenant Commander
Well Kc this boat has the hull next is what I call a liner then the cap. Every thing was run between the hull and liner. On my last build I ran 2 chases a 4" and 2" to replace how it was original.
On this one I will probably run a couple 2" chases for the electrical and leave the steering cable free between hull and liner
But nothing is written in stone

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
So then if you are running the steering cable between the hull and the liner is it easily retrievable? I can't seem to get the picture in my mind.
Thanks

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Ha..! Well my terminology is simply not up to snuff in regards to this or that in nautical terms. I better order a "Nautical Dictionary" to keep up with you Ahmincha. :joyous:

I have exactly the same type of situation. I went back in your thread and #50,72,73,88 and 119 are self evident.
Now I got it wrapped around my head. Still though not sure if I want to run the steering cables that way. But now I see exactly what you mean.
Thanks!

ahmincha

Lieutenant Commander
You don't need a dictionary for me I have to look around the web to get the correct terms haha. The one reason I think I will run my steering cable this way is when running in a chase its hard to get the steel sliding part that connects to the motor thru. Also if I remember correctly I will be able to actually set the cable over the liner under the cap. If not I'll hook up a string and pull it thru.

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
You don't need a dictionary for me I have to look around the web to get the correct terms haha. The one reason I think I will run my steering cable this way is when running in a chase its hard to get the steel sliding part that connects to the motor thru. Also if I remember correctly I will be able to actually set the cable over the liner under the cap. If not I'll hook up a string and pull it thru.

Yes you are right. That is exactly what I've read up on also. Thanks for the feedback. Very much appreciated.