1990 NISSAN NS9.9B2

akam

Recruit
Hello all I have a 1990 Nissan 9.9 B2 outboard. I need to do a carb clean. I see that there are very little to no parts avail for this model. Would I be able to order an aftermarket carb for a newer 9.9 like the C or D models? If not anyone know where I can get a crb for my engine?

akam

Recruit
Da a Seafoam cleaning first. Follow the instruction on the can.
Sorry I forgot to mention I did that. Three times, used a gallon and a half of gas. I even let it sit overnight with gas in the carb. I found a link on how to do it in another forum. Surprisingly it didn’t smoke as bad as most said theirs did.

MattFL

Master Chief Petty Officer
Unless it's corroded, a new carburetor is likely not needed. For a proper cleaning you have to take it apart. Use the little tube to shoot cleaner and compressed air through every hole, especially the small ones (wear googles). Putting the disassembled carb in a hot ultrasonic cleaner for a while is well worth the effort, then repeat the spray cleaner and compressed air afterward while it's still hot. The problems will be hiding in the tiny holes and tiny tubes that you can't see easily, that's where you should focus. In my personal experience, the knock off aftermarket carburetors are not as good as OEM, the engine will likely run but not as good. I've not personally seen the seafoam treatment make any significant difference on a truly dirty carburetor. You have to disassemble it and get in there.

cyclops222

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Do you have a seperate fuel filter in the hose from the tank ? Do you disconnect the fuel line when you are ready to leave the boat for more than a few days ? Are you using the choke correctly ?
What motor problem is causing you to post ?