1990 Maxum slow to fill

geedeyh

Recruit
I have 1990 Maxum with the 120 Force L-drive. My problem is that it takes forever to fill the tank. When I allow anything more than a trickle from the gas pump the darn thing kicks gas back all over me and the rear end of my boat. I've checked the vent and it seem to be working.<br />Any ideas.<br />Harry

D

DJ

Re: 1990 Maxum slow to fill

Is there a kink in the fill line? Does the fill line have a portion of it that is lower than the tank inlet?

PaulP

Seaman Apprentice

Geed,I have a 1996 Spectrum 16 Sport with a built in tank and I have the same problem and cant figure it out.I have a clear hose all the way in,no kinks,good vent, yet if I dont trickle in the gas it splashes back. I have been filling it with 6 gall tanks. good luck.

Wingn48

Cadet

I have a 90 Maxum with the same problem filling, try this, make sure the boat is level (not bow up), I have a piece of 3/8" od tubing that I put into the filler, that is bemnt 90' at one end so it can't fall in, this tube goes down to the very top of the tank, this aids in venting out the air.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Wingn is correct, as the problem isn't the boat's plumming, allthough, it very well could've been. It's the first thing I would've checked. You having done that, it rules-out boat-plumming.<br />The problem is these new-fangled,environmentally-friendly,rinky-dink nozzles dictated by the fedz.<br />There was a device simular to the one Wingn outlined ,and the fedz outlawed it.Now you must make your own,to protect the environment....Jeeez! And it goes full-circle! And this is what my C/O used to called a "Circle-something"!!