1990 dt115 suzuki with full throttle issues

Re: 1990 dt115 suzuki with full throttle issues

your sneeze at idle would be idle jet not clean are lean air mixture screw try coming out with mixture screws 1 turn that would riching the idle up. normal setting for that year was about 11/2 turns out. Also the float levels on the carb should all be measured to be the same. as far as your top end miss its probably your rev limit kicking in. do you have a suzuki monitor hooked up with your oil level heat and rev light? But all in all take it back to the dude that did the work.

drewmitch44

Lieutenant Commander

I had a problem like this with my yammi 115 and it turned out being that when i had the motor trimmed at a certain poing the spark plug wire was shorting out to the cowling clamp. It was verry irretating to diagnose. It could be something that simple. Dont rule out the obvious before you go rebuilding carbs and what not. Could also be timing but dosent sound like it as sporatic as you say it's happening. Good luck!!

bowhuntrrl

Petty Officer 1st Class

your sneeze at idle would be idle jet not clean are lean air mixture screw try coming out with mixture screws 1 turn that would riching the idle up. normal setting for that year was about 11/2 turns out. Also the float levels on the carb should all be measured to be the same. as far as your top end miss its probably your rev limit kicking in. do you have a suzuki monitor hooked up with your oil level heat and rev light? But all in all take it back to the dude that did the work.

I believe that when you turn the idle jet out, that it leans the mixture because it is an air/idle adjustment. Rodbolt,Deejaycee, Hopalong, please correct me if I'm wrong.