1990 115 mariner 4 cyl.

seminol7

Seaman
talked with a marine mechanic and he agreed ohm reading are to far off to run correct. I have a flywheel puller on the way and he said he would double check it for me! But still thanks for the help and any more will be thanked!!

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner
Outboard ignition . com has test procedure and specs for your motor.
The low speed miss could be the air/fuel screws need adjusting.
The screws are set at 1 and 1/8th turn out from lightly seated.
Then engine warm and in gear.
Slowly turn the top screw in slowly until the engine coughs, bucks , misses.
Then back out 1/2 turn

On some motors the top 1-2 maybe 3 carbs have the air screw and the lower carbs don't.

You need to check the operation of the primer/enricher/ choke.
Start the motor and pull the line from the primer and see if it's pumping fuel.
There is a diaphragm in the primer and it can go bad.

If you take the carbs off you need to check the reeds and make sure they are not cracked or broken.

Good luck and Happy New Year.

seminol7

Seaman
The reeds look good and I have had the primer lines off to check for restrictions but never checked fuel flow while running but will try! So is that fuel line and filter suppose to stay full all the time? I have noticed the filter never stays full when sitting! also it does have a built in restricter in the bottom line or return line.Would you be concerned about theohm readings? Thanksfor your input !!

seminol7

Seaman
Ok thanks thats what I thought but wasnt sure,All I know for sure this motor is kicking my tail! thanks for all the help from everyone I will keep posting and maybe we will get this thing back on the water

seminol7

Seaman
Ok talked to a local mech. gave him DVA readings he said they were in range, he wanted me to check with timing light on all four and none went out at miss but did slow a little I do know for sure one is putting out dont look away for a second when doing this OUCH! So now leaning back to fuel again going to change all hoses this time around since fuel pump diaphram was such bad shape! still some little something im missing. Again any help is thanked!

seminol7

Seaman
Ok after a couple of months replaced plugs,plug wires,fuel pump diaphram,accelerator pump diapham, and all fuel hoses! cleaned carbs a total of 5 times finally got it right runs like a champ! thanks for everyones input couldn't have done it without you!