1989 Vip Vision Re & Re.

Spinnaker

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: 1989 Vip Vision Re & Re.

Thanks Osbourne

I'm trying to get back to working on it. :)

Aquaholic_GP

Seaman

How goes your battle, currently I am waiting to get some time to order some fiberglass. Thanks for all you help to date.

Spinnaker

Petty Officer 1st Class

How goes your battle, currently I am waiting to get some time to order some fiberglass. Thanks for all you help to date.

Aww amn, I've been too busy with everyone else's boat. Gotta pay the bills though. Hopefully I can get a couple hours into it tomorrow.

Spinnaker

Petty Officer 1st Class

It's been a long time since I've been here but just had to keep this post alive. The project hasn't gone any farther but parts have come my way the warrant not putting the 350 in but rather a Vortec V6 and Alpha 1 Gen 2 drive system. It will be updated to a 2004. Nice update from 1989.

Aquaholic_GP

Seaman

Sweet, look forward to seeing the implant of the vortex into your boat!

Spinnaker

Petty Officer 1st Class

Just getting pics together to update things. The transom and stringers are done. It has sat outside since I left this topic way back. So, there is some cleanup. I'm picking up the transom assembly today and will be putting the 4.3 on a stand.
It will start with a good sanding then gelcoat to the transom.
Install transom assy.
Lower eng. onto rear mounts and fine front mount location. Remove eng.
Glass in front mounting pads.
finish gelcoat.
Install all hardware, bilge pump, battery etc.
drop in engine
Etc

seamorewaterVIP

Petty Officer 2nd Class

You are making better time on yours than I am on mine..bought my VIP two years ago changed jobs for "more money"--What ever-- that was a Joke...now I am spending every dollar I have on my own business. Back to the ole VIP one of these days...I hope.

Spinnaker

Petty Officer 1st Class

You are making better time on yours than I am on mine..bought my VIP two years ago changed jobs for "more money"--What ever-- that was a Joke...now I am spending every dollar I have on my own business. Back to the ole VIP one of these days...I hope.

I know what you mean. That's why this one has sat so long. So far $4000.00 has been invested into this. I figure another couple thousand to get it where we want.
Also, the engine has turned out to be a Merc 4.3L MPI from a 2007. Another thing that was decided was to not paint the red strip black but to re-spray with red gel. It will be a Sea-Doo red. I tried 600 grit on the existing red gel and there's no bringing it back. Much too thin.
Here's some recent photos.

transom dry fit.jpgwork to be done.jpgEngine dry fit.jpggettin to work.jpg

Spinnaker

Petty Officer 1st Class

Well, I'm a couple weeks away from finally putting the VIP in the water. After a few gel repairs here and there she now looks beautiful.
A few items left to install. Carpet, a few hardware items (cleats, ladder, etc.), seats and a couple hard to find engine parts.
If anyone can help with the location of these parts I'd be in big debt too you. See posted thread, http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=557913&p=3831053#post3831053
Here are a couple sneak peaks. :)
VIP 004a.jpgVIP 002a.jpgVIP 003a.jpg

Spinnaker

Petty Officer 1st Class

Update!

Just about ready for water. Just a few remaining parts. The carpet is down and the seats are in. Wiring has started and just getting power to everything. All exterior hardware is on. Needs exhaust elbows, power steering pump installed as well as the gears in the drive's top end.
Will post up some good shots when it stops raining.