1989 Sratos 180CC Restoration

BayouWaters

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Thanks fellas, been wanting to get this project finished for months. Glad to be back at it.

Alright, no opinions or experiences with Brushable Gelcoat? I ordered today so will be giving it a shot shortly. Was hoping someone on here had some experience with it to share.

BayouWaters

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Finished installing the console and completed round 1 of fairing over the last 2 weekends.

Console-Upload.jpg

BayouWaters

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Been awhile since I posted, but still moving along. Leaning post installed, side gunwale steps re-cored and reinstalled, all vinyl stickers removed, and tons of fairing done on hull,. Getting very close to being ready for paint.

front-rebuild.JPG

Attachments

• front-rebuild.JPG
    front-rebuild.JPG
    23.3 KB · Views: 0
  • front-rebuild.JPG
    front-rebuild.JPG
    23.3 KB · Views: 0
  • leaning post.JPG
    leaning post.JPG
    23.7 KB · Views: 0
  • paint-booth.JPG
    paint-booth.JPG
    14.7 KB · Views: 0

BayouWaters

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Primer sanded and faired. The 404 Epoxy Primekote was some tough stuff to sand.

primer-fairing.png

BayouWaters

Petty Officer 3rd Class
2nd coat of Interlux Perfection on the hull sides! So shiny it looks like the plastic on the floor is draped over the side of the boat. Going to lightly sand and give one more coat before calling the hull sides complete.

roll-n-tip-2.JPG

BayouWaters

Petty Officer 3rd Class
As I am finishing the hull I am looking to paint the interior. Would love to spray it, but do to the toxic nature of the paint and no appropriate space to spray it...I will have to roll and tip it. Unlike the hull there does not seem to be a good place to start/finish that will not let me lose my wet edge. On the hull I used the bow as the start stop point.

Any suggestions on how to tackle the interior?

Mad Props

Lieutenant Commander
I used Interlux Brightside on my interior, I'm not sure how long you can keep a wet edge with the perfection paint, but I didn't run into any problems... I just started in the bow and worked my way back... Mine is a bowrider, so a little different and I didn't have to do a console...

I wonder if it makes sense to do the console and let it dry and then come back and do the sides and floors...

BayouWaters

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I planned on doing the console separately and the floor is going to get coated with tuff coat. Guess I will have to pick a spot to start and just go for it. Worried about an overlap showing when I work back around to the start point. Thanks for commenting.

BayouWaters

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Alright folks, interior has been primed and sanded. Question - I love the reflection on the outside of the hull I have achieved with the Interlux Perfection, but I am worried about going blind with this level of reflection on the interior. I have purchased the Interlux Flattener to bring the shine down to a semi-gloss finish...is this the right decision?

interior-back.jpginterior-front.jpg

BayouWaters

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Getting close, plan on getting her in the water this weekend. Picture of the Tuff Coat non skid and a side shot of the hull with new sticker and shark eye navigation lights installed.

Attachments

• photo340330.jpg
    photo340330.jpg
    222.5 KB · Views: 0
  • photo340331.jpg
    photo340331.jpg
    381.1 KB · Views: 0

BayouWaters

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Need help...trying to find a source for the dual channel felt covered molding that goes in my center console sliding door frame. Would really like to reuse this door to close my console off, but having a hard time finding the replacement molding that goes in the frame. Anyone know of a source?

fetch

Attachments

• photo340467.jpg
    photo340467.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 0

BayouWaters

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Thanks kcassells. Not sure why putting RV in the search made such a difference, but it opened several options.

BTW - launched yesterday, could not be prouder of the results.

Attachments

• photo340541.jpg
    photo340541.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 3