1988 wellcraft bowrider to cuddy" conversion (Splashed)

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
I think this is what Sam meant; Sassy!
4ed75a15d0c2d12012011114229.jpg

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
20170215_184235.jpg

got the fridges in under the rebuilt seat boxes, id taken a few weeks off to catch up on other things, now to finish trim work and have it ready to enjoy , i took all the drains out about a month ago to make sure it never froze , put them back in tonite and fired her up the weather says no more chances of freezin so imma enjoy that!

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
I might need to lower the drivers seat but not sure , might just get tilt steering for it instead, i like sitting exactly where i sit in it , i made passenger side slightly lower since my friends are 5"11 and over 6 ft lol now where to put the coffie maker!:)

Baylinerchuck

Commander
everyone needs a sammich cooler and a wine cooler to entice the missus for a boat ride :)

Not everyone....heck my missus uses my boat as a sanctuary, often sitting in it by herself in the garage. Of course kinda hard to do that at the moment, so she has been bugging me to hurry up and get the floor done, lol. :facepalm:

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
ok so update on trailer... when i first rebuilt trailer i bought what i thought were 30" slipper springs 1750 lb springs, fast fopward i put boat on trailer and gdi the springs were like bottomed out , made no sense so i took boat to scales and it came in at 3080 boat and trailer, made sense since boat was 1950 from factory dry add 15 gallons of fuel and the other items and could easily be 2500. Trailer weight was 690 lbs so still at 1750 per spring i would imagine i would be fine.
well i went by trailer shop and he looked up spring and they were 700 lb springs because when guy went from a 24" spring to a 30 inch spring he should have known the weight ability goes down , anyways i put 5 spring 2400 on each side boat /trailer sits nice as hell now :) axle is a 3500 lb axle so i feel I'm more then safe .

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
guess its tine to hunker down and finish interior trim , spring is coming outside wise another coat around topsides and glass for windows to replace plexi and im going to call it done :)

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
well been boating:) have one issue i am trying to rap my head around , around 18 mph with a 14x20 prop at 3000 rp, cant get the engine to rev past 3000 rp power falls off and kinda bogs, changed to a 14x23 prop under advise from mercruiser and now the rpm kinda fall off at 2500 rpm, wonder if the real issue is fuel flow or timing., or possibly needing a change in prop to lower pitch.
going to replace sep/filter first and also check timing under load to remove those two possible issues that before buying yet another prop.
odd thing is i was getting 28 mph last year when id first installed engine at 3k with the old prop so not sure what would be causing me to be held back except fuel or timing.
other possibility is the electric fuel pump might be too small?

Pusher

Lieutenant
Glad to hear you're still getting out there and enjoying it! I don't know the answer to your issues.

It's only bogging down when you advance the throttle not when you are reaching 3k (2.5k) rpm right? Meaning not a heat issue, more an rpm issue.

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
revisiting thread as i do stuff, i went and picked her up from friends house , charged batterie and she fired right up and purred! gonna revisit this 3k rpm thing and pop on old prop and see how she runs this weekend:) i think its more of a prop issue then anything else because she will snap over 3k rpm np but when under power chugging down river 3k seems to bog it down .