1988 wellcraft bowrider to cuddy" conversion (Splashed)

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
You know sam.. i was thinkin same thing maybe if i get those electric tabs ill have more stuff to control :)
I couldnt really come up with anything else for the engine box that didnt look like it didnt belong with the boat .
lol,
ya'll prolly thinking im hokey af but i like it :)
Also didnt want folks climbing on it so i figured that would keep them from it :)

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
Im going for unique not a commercial boat ::)
So far i think most who have stepped around it are fascinated and say its really cool, unique and one who went away screaming my eyes aaaagh ! :)but methinks he was in bathsalts anyways :)

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
still need to get a plate made for starting directions , driving , then label all of the switches as to purpose, that way if something ever happens to me any passenger should be able to get us back in , there is no tricks to driving the boat just some folks you take out have never been in control of one by themselves, so better safe then sorry I think.

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
Nice job accessorizing ! Roll top desk to match the dining room chairs ! :D I like it !
New shifter looks nice but I thin k ya need a few extra toggles on the dash ... ;)

Im miffed the dining room table wouldnt fit, where shall we eat all the catch!!:)

Pusher

Lieutenant
ya'll prolly thinking im hokey af but i like it :)
Also didnt want folks climbing on it so i figured that would keep them from it :)

Haha, only if you're planning on stashing a laptop under it 😉

I like the ledge on it. Just about the right dimensions for a baseball bat ... Aka....fish basher... should a swordfish invite itself aboard or a competing pirate ship tries to pillage yer bootie.

6" is a lot of room!!!

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
yeah I can now fit a cooler on each side of the box to act as seating or a chilly place to keep em cold:)
trying to decide on cup holder setup in that area but unsure .

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Multi-purpose Mick,
plus it's wood! :joyous:
5fbb93bb372348abd1fa8a6d675b82d5.jpg

proshadetree

Lieutenant Commander
Dont know about weight limits on your boat but , 2 6 volt batteries and an auxiliary alternator might be an ideal for a house bank. Power all the nonessential accessories of the house bank rest of the boat on the main bank. Cool ride there man.

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
yeah i think at this point I'm just maximizing my room lol I'm running out of that quick... wish it was a 21 to 24 footer but ahh well its mostly gonna be me and one other person anyways :)

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Hey Mick,
There is always the next 1. :joyous:
The way you ran thru this reno. to splash I don't see any reason not to expect alot more boats from you.
KC

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
20170108_1801471.jpg
still working on new engine box I think its coming out pretty sweet, also getting ready to lay carpet in , not a fan of the x10 over poly, working great on wood but not fiberglass.

gsxrdan

Petty Officer 1st Class
yup lookin REAL nice there buddy! did u make it from scratch? and sing out if u need tips on laying the carpet...

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Very cool ! You gunna install some type sound proofing inside ?

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
yeah I figured dynamat or something like that.
and yeah as far as carpet goes I'm only trying to decide if I want to glue down or just do outside edges, I'm thinking totally glue down since its only going to be sticking to the x10 stuff should be easy to pull up when it goes bad.

using this wood the 1/8th plywood is a pita because you cant sand it you have to build up layers of poly and sand that since veneers are so thin, but again its all learning experience lol considering hadn't touched wood working tools in over 20 yrs I think I'm slowly getting back into it!

Pusher

Lieutenant
If I remember right from my three months at a cabinet shop, you do a light first coat then come back when it's dry and knock down the fibers that swelled up with a foam sanding block. That said, the boss and I both agreed after three months that I had sanded through too many veneers and the asthma was bugging me too much to keep going.

You're really getting a nice shine going Mick. You'll have to climb an orchard ladder or the roof and get an arial of her!

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
this cold weather sux takes forever for the coats to cure its like ... watching paint dry :)