1987 Mariner 150 Lost intial beep beep when key turned to ON????????????????/

a69nova

Cadet
Not sure what happened/caused this but I don't have the alarm anymore when you first turn the key tothe on position. It used to sound a beep. However my overheat alarm went off the other day. Is the oil and overheat sensors ran in conjunction with the ignition alarm when youturn the key? Any ideas of what I need to check to get that beep back when I turn the key before I start the motor?

Faztbullet

Supreme Mariner
Re: 1987 Mariner 150 Lost intial beep beep when key turned to ON????????????????/

Thats the tan wire from oil alarm module you posted earlier....

a69nova

Cadet
Re: 1987 Mariner 150 Lost intial beep beep when key turned to ON????????????????/

Need to find out where that tan wire from oil module goes to. Any diagrams available?

a69nova

Cadet

Found where it goes from searching the old posts, the tan wire is the output of the oil warning module,it goes to the screw along with theoverheat sensor. Will I get back the self-test beep?

a69nova

Cadet

UPDATE I connected the tan wire to the terminal block, and now when i turn the key to start Iget the steady beep. The problem continue.................

Faztbullet

Supreme Mariner

Make sure its under the correct screw as one holds terminal block to engine block and if its under this one it is grounded and will give asteady horn....

j_martin

Admiral

If you put the tan wire on the same screw as the purple (power) wire, you toasted the module.

hope this doesn't help
John