1986 Mercury 115 Engine Help! Starting Issues

BigAl1

Recruit
Hi guys, I'm new to the forum. I have an outboard 1986 Mercury 115hp engine. I have been having trouble starting the engine recently. I tested the spark plugs and learned that not all of them were firing which led me to checking into the operation of the power packs. Both power packs were not operating correctly and were replaced. Now, however, the engine is having some issues cold starting. Once it does start and warms up it runs fine. I need some help or advice leading to what I should do or check next. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Al

BigAl1

Recruit
Re: 1986 Mercury 115 Engine Help! Starting Issues

If any other specifications or information is needed just let me know.

daveswaves

Ensign
Re: 1986 Mercury 115 Engine Help! Starting Issues

Hi guys, I'm new to the forum. I have an outboard 1986 Mercury 115hp engine. I have been having trouble starting the engine recently. I tested the spark plugs and learned that not all of them were firing which led me to checking into the operation of the power packs. Both power packs were not operating correctly and were replaced. Now, however, the engine is having some issues cold starting. Once it does start and warms up it runs fine. I need some help or advice leading to what I should do or check next. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Al
Check the wiring to your enrichment valve, you could have a bad connection there, or at your choke switch. Without a prime shot the inline 6 is a tough start when cold.