1986 Carver Sante Cruz 26' - Advice

LakeMichiganBoater

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Just got a new to me 1986 Carver Santa Cruz (27') with a Mercruiser 260 (gm 350) and pre-alpha outrive. Doing a lot to rehab it, but wanted to keep the Carver specific stuff here. Looking for some advice on a few things.

1. I filed up the water tank and turned on (installed fuse) the pump, looks like i have a leak, guessing burst pipe. It's leaking somewhere behind the macerator pump near the bathroom. I can't even get back there to see it... so how could I get back there to fix it? Is there an access port somewhere? Is there possibly a winter drain that is open i can't find?

2. When the upper stations power is on the blowers run constantly, is there a trick to this? Operates by switch only on the lower station.

That's all I have for now... I'm sure there still be more soon. Boat is running, but has not been in the water to test yet. Rebuilding the outdrive currently.

LakeMichiganBoater

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Has anyone dealt with a leak there or knows if there is an access point?

Maybe it's a plug removed in the winter?

dubs283

Vice Admiral
Doubt it's a plug

Only real access points are connections, even then they're not always easily accessible

Probably a broken line or fitting, most likely only way to fully inspect the line is by removing it. Disconnect where you can get to it and pull it out

LakeMichiganBoater

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Doubt it's a plug

Only real access points are connections, even then they're not always easily accessible

Probably a broken line or fitting, most likely only way to fully inspect the line is by removing it. Disconnect where you can get to it and pull it out
OK. I'm going to take a look with a bore scope and see if i can find it. I think it probably was a burst line during winter.