1986 16' Starcraft needs new decking

Status
Not open for further replies.

pappy3

Seaman
Sorry for not posting! I have moved back to lake sam rayburn and have been remodeling the house we bought!
Man I have more projects going than I can shake a stick at!
I have cut all the peices of the deck and primed them with a two part epoxy primer and put them on the boat and started putting the consoles back in!
Today I built a couple of raised pads to put tne seats on so I am not sitting on the floor!
About 5.5 " with the tractor seat suspensions makes me above the winshield about 7" but it feels better for long term sitting like fishing for catfish all day!
I first need to mount the passenger side console then the seats ! I will take some pics monday for an update and also after i have sprayed on the product called TuffCoat !

g0nef1sshn

Lieutenant
Mine had fiberglass over the deck when i got it and was sealed all around really good. The deck wood still rotted out completely from that. I could pull most out by hand. And the pour in foam that was added in there from the PO was all water logged and soaked.

So i wouldnt attempt either of those myself.

Kyle W

Recruit
Mine had fiberglass over the deck when i got it and was sealed all around really good. The deck wood still rotted out completely from that. I could pull most out by hand. And the pour in foam that was added in there from the PO was all water logged and soaked.

So i wouldnt attempt either of those myself.

Was there fiberglass on the bottom side of the deck or just topside?

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Was there fiberglass on the bottom side of the deck or just topside?

Kyle W This is an old thread and pappy hasn't updated in quite some time. If you have a question about treating plywood decking, please start a new thread.

pappy3 I'm going to close the thread. If you want to have it re-opened for updating, ask any Mod or flag this post with a message about re-opening.

Status
Not open for further replies.