1984 SEA RAY MONACO 187 I/O Center Console Conversion

Pingpong

Seaman
I believe what you're seeing is the rough sanding of the epoxy (drips and such) on the glass and some on the wood. Once I wrap the rest of the stringers and sand should be good to go, I believe. The lower portion of the stringers 1x11 rough sawed Cypress, the top in very dry 1x 8 treated pine. I plan on wrap over the edge to the bilge area with a layer of 1708. First I was just going to make it original then I decided to raise the floor and make it a self baling Center Console.

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Keep it up PP, you are kicking some ...Did the full ppe help? Some people just react differently than others.

Pingpong

Seaman
Commander, Yes more than you know. I did not realize how much this was affecting my work output until I added the full mask. Prior to this I had the suit, a mask and eye protection (or so I thought). Adding the full mask is a must as least for me. Should make some more progress this weekend which I will post. Thanks

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Thats good to hear. Getting the fever myself now with this unusual weather. May just order some glass and EEEEEEEEpoxy.

Pingpong

Seaman
Hopefully spring will be here soon for you. Made a little progress glassing and sanding. Will be working on the Gunnel areas today....Uploading going slow but will try to get them later.

http://

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Looking good. Make sure all the edge voids are filled and rolled out w/EEEEpoxy. Those voids are important to fill. PB or some other type of filler. That's where alot of trouble originates from. :joyous:

Pingpong

Seaman
Got the gunnels figured out. Just need to dress them in and glass them. Will also be adding storage compartments at some point and a few drainage points. Should be a real clean look when all glassed in. (Thanks John, Good idea)

http://

Will most likely be it for this week. Probably a good thing and my eye are getting a little puffy. Without the fully PPE I would have been a mess for sure.

Last edited: