1984 Aqua Patio budget rebuild

autotec

Seaman
Re: 1984 Aqua Patio budget rebuild

Your boat is a safe build, pontoons are easy like that... but the reliability of that old Chrysler motor is debatable. They don't make those anymore and parts can be hard to come by. If you decide to keep that motor you may want to invest in a small kicker outboard or a good strong electric trolling motor, something to get you back to the dock if the old Chry gives up the ghost. You don't hardly ever see those old Chryslers out on the water anymore, and there's a reason for that.

You've done some really good looking work on that boat and you can be proud of that.

Thank you. After reading through alot of these other boat rebuilds, I'm glad I'm working on this pontoon. I couldn't even imagine the work that goes into some of these fiberglass boats.

I know what you are saying about the old Chrysler. I'm still looking it over and seeing if it's worthwhile to fix the few things it needs, or just repower. The boat is rated for a 60hp, so it would be nice to drop a bigger motor on. But then again, when it was running on the lake, it ran great. Plus the PO dropped $1500 into it just before he bought his new boat and parked this one. But that was 7 years ago. The biggest issue I have seen so far is with the top spark plug hole. The Heli-Coil needs a Heli-Coil, and that means it needs a new head.