1983 chrysler 75hp themostat

am

Cadet
Can anyone tell me if my boat has a thermostat? Also I am changing my impeller and should I change my themostat along with it since my boat was overheating at low speeds. Thanks alot.

eurolarva

Rear Admiral
Re: 1983 chrysler 75hp themostat

This site shows at least three 75HP Chryslers from 1983. powerhead <br />The thermostat is part number 82 I also scanned a picture of a three cylinder chrysler. If you download and blow this up it should show you where your thermostat is ph

kcole683

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Front center up high thats where you will find it.<br /><br />People have a tendency to remove thermostats from outboards with weak water pumps to keep them cool atleast cool enough to pawn off on a buyer.<br /><br />If there is no stat in the housing you better replace the impellar......oh heck just replace it anyway its fun. Then you know where you stand.

scotiany

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Do you use it in salt water? If so , you could have a water pressure relief valve problem. I'd also go the impeller route first. Not having a thermostat in the system will cause a lot more problems than any perceived fix.