1982 Pro-Line 22

Paulz01

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I am looking to purchase a 1982 Pro-Line 22 Walk Around with a Yamaha 150 on it. Can anyone please help me out with finding out the specs on this boat?

I have seen the boat and almost positive that I am going to buy it however, I do not know if I am going to be able to tow it. Right now I have a single axel trailer that was previously holding a 1987 Citation Caprice 195. The boat was a cuddy cabin with a 4cyl volvo and had a spungy deck. Do you think I will be okay towing with this? The boat is only being towed 15 miles.

JoLin

Vice Admiral
Re: 1982 Pro-Line 22

Have you contacted Pro-Line? They have very good customer support and will help if they can. They e-mailed me a copy of the owners manual for my 1985 21' W/A cuddy.

According to them, the dry weight of my hull when new was 2200 lbs. It may well be heavier now due to water infiltration, so when shopping for my trailer I figured it at 2500 lbs.

Add up everything else including motor, motor bracket if you have one, batteries, a full tank of fuel, anchors and miscellaneous gear. I'm betting you'll come in in the neighborhood of 3500 lbs. Then, you'll want some excess trailer capacity. I'm betting that your trailer doesn't have the capacity you need. IMHO it doesn't matter all that much that you have a short towing distance. Don't put yourself and everyone else at risk of a blown tire, broken axle or inadequate brakes.

I wound up buying a slightly used Shoreland'r 4600 lb capacity tandem trailer, and as luck would have it, it turned out to be the very model that Shoreland'r recommends for the (newer) Pro-Line 21's.