1982 GW, 24' Project (UPDATED W/PICS)

SnappingTurtle

Lieutenant
Re: 1982 GW, 24' Project (UPDATED W/PICS)

Try a couple more.

S6001179.jpg

S6001183.jpg

S6001162.jpg

Yes Sir! :)

LX Kid

Ensign

How is that they show up in your post and I can only list them thru Photobucket? I used to be able to post them directly without using a link to them. Ron

LX Kid

Ensign

Test pictures. Seems to be working again. I defragged my hard drive.

S6001181.jpg

Here is a picture of the problem I had with the fuse holders. Left fuse holder is correct for my wireing. On the right fuse holder the spade connector is too small to fit wireing properly.

S6001172.jpg

LX Kid

Ensign

Had a little time today and put new stern drive upper seal in and reinstalled the foot. Been a month since I started her up so hooked up portable fuel tank and "Varoooooom!" She purrrred like a kitten. With both new water pumps, the temp stayed right on 160 degrees. Gonna get after the wireing next and then check out the two fuel tanks, which will probably need cleaning out and insides coated. Ron
BEFORE
S6001063.jpg

AFTER
S6001187-1.jpg

STERN TOWARDS BOW
S6001189.jpg

keepNitreel

Chief Petty Officer

Really nice job your doing, every time I look at this thread I think about that 25 footer i can snag for $500.

LX Kid

Ensign

You Better Snag It "now" Before Someone Else Does. Don't Think You Can Loose Money On That One! You Could Part It Out And Make Money Should You Decide Not To Restore It. Ron

FreeBeeTony

Captain

Did you put it in the water yet?

Looking forward to hearing what your performance numbers are.........

Looks great BTW.

jcsercsa

Captain

Hay LX Kid . yea whats going on ?? did she hit the water yet ?? our are the relitives fishing from the bridge ??? lol John

LX Kid

Ensign

Nope, no water launch yet! Can't seem to get time to work on it. Had to take father-in-law to doctor appointments all week long. Tomorrow looks good for doing something on her. Think I'll try working on the electrical wireing and get the switch/fuse panel back in. Ron

jcsercsa

Captain

When is your company comming ?? you had better hurry up !! lol John

LX Kid

Ensign

My brothers are coming the first week of December and hope they will love all the "off the bridge" fishing spots that Florida offers. LoL Ron

triumphrick

Lieutenant Commander

PM me Ron when the brothers arrive and if you want to head out of Bayport for a trip just let me know. We are going out Tuesday and if the weather is good expect to hit some reefs about 25 mi. out. If I find a hot spot, won't mind going back.
I know it's not your boat, but we can give em a taste of what they will be in for.
I got enough gear for everyone or you can bring some of your own stuff....no reason to have em fish from the bridges! Let me know. Rick

betayv

Senior Chief Petty Officer

hello guys hey ron dont forget the DRAMAMINE for those who may get sick!!!

LX Kid

Ensign

Thanks Rick! PM sent. Still have three weeks to get it going! It would be nice to have her underway, but I'll bet they'll be back in the spring and can really plan a better fishing trip. Thanks guys for the concern. Ron

Last edited:

SnappingTurtle

Lieutenant

Well I see you don't have to worry about motor problems when fishing with your brothers. With ears like those, every boat, is a sail boat. :rolleyes:

P.S. The brother on the right seems to have a small dribble problem. Either that, or he's been eating the chum again. :eek:

LX Kid

Ensign

I have to admit, they do like eating chum. When we were younger, they kept on eating our worms and crickets and by the time we got out to the lake all the bait was gone. We had to put our chewing tobacco in our gum for bait and all we were able to catch was aligator gar and carp! Oh, Franks dribble is tobacco juice. LoL Oooops, that's John on the right cause John can't tell time yet and Frank is wearing the watch. "My Bad!" Ron

SnappingTurtle

Lieutenant

I have to admit, they do like eating chum. When we were younger, they kept on eating our worms and crickets and by the time we got out to the lake all the bait was gone. We had to put our chewing tobacco in our gum for bait and all we were able to catch was aligator gar and carp! Oh, Franks dribble is tobacco juice. LoL Ron

Well at least they stay out of the stink bait! :D

My brother thought that if it worked for catfish, it should also work with the girlz. He rubs it on his worm, but never catches anything other than the itch. He is still single, and can't understand why. :confused:

LX Kid

Ensign

"Well kiss my grits!!!!!" Pulled 55 gallon aft fuel tank out and look what I found. Let's all a good "ha, ha, ha" on me and get down to work. Going to do some excavation work on the fuel bay tomorrow. Both port and starboard fuel bay plywood is going to have to be replaced and fiberglassed. Also the wood between the fuel bay and engine compartment will have to be replaced. I almost got the 93 gallon foward tank out but it got dark on me. Here's a few pics of my misery! Ron

S6001193.jpg

S6001196.jpg

S6001195.jpg

S6001194.jpg

S6001197.jpg

keepNitreel

Chief Petty Officer

"Well kiss my grits!!!!!"
Sorry to see that rot dude:mad:, looks like a big set back on your time frame. At least you know how to fix it, takes time but can be fixed. :redface: