1979 Bomber fish/ski boat values

jbcurt00

Staff member
Yep, definitely not your typical nearly 40yr old boat, not even close. Looks like you snagged 1 in a million pristine boat.

Outstanding

Congrats again

79bomber

Cadet
Concerning my Power Trim hydraulic lines, the black outside coating is completely gone on all 4 lines. They are white all over. There seems to be no physical or visual reason for replacing them. Should I be concerned?

dwco5051

Commander
If I would have seen it first you would still be looking for a boat:D Looks like a real deal to me

bonz_d

Vice Admiral
Not the hull I was picturing. Was thinking it was more of the trihull design. Very nice looking boat. Congrats!

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
That is a good looking boat, keep up with the maintenance as the previous owner and you are going to have a nice boat for a long time.

TruckDrivingFool

Lieutenant Commander
Worth the wait for the pics :D

Nice boat, congrats!

On your trim hoses price them or watch for some for a good price and put them on a list of future to do maintenance. I think I sort of see them but my thoughts are that if they are brittle enough to have lost the outter protection they may not blow today but I'd rather have the piece of mind knowing they aren't going to let go and spoil a day on the water.

79bomber

Cadet
I thought I would wait until the off-season. They seem fine, but the idea that it is a potential problem means that I will have to fix it.

smokeonthewater

Fleet Admiral
Not the hull I was picturing. Was thinking it was more of the trihull design. Very nice looking boat. Congrats!

Same here!

Btw go ahead and replace those hoses.... If one blows at speed your motor will suddenly drop to full down trim and may violently upset the attitude of the boat and could lead to loss of control..... The worst possible result could be a fatality.... Not worth the risk..... The hoses on my merc are in the same condition and I will be replacing them before using the boat (other than the 5 minute test ride I did before I thought about them)