1978 MFG Gypsy Rebuild

Status
Not open for further replies.

fstorm08

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: 1978 MFG Gypsy Rebuild

Congrats TC on the land acquisition and home! :)

tallcanadian

Captain

kcassells, did you ever find out how fast your Gypsy went?

fstorm, thanks for the congrats. I can't wait to move in. I can move my boat in too so I can work on it all the time.

kcassells

Fleet Admiral

--
kcassells, did you ever find out how fast your Gypsy went?

fstorm, thanks for the congrats. I can't wait to move in. I can move my boat in too so I can work on it all the time.

She got up to 35-40 mph. Bit choppy though on small waves {ocean**, comes down like a rock with that tri-hull. On a lake would do alot better I imagine.

tallcanadian

Captain

--

She got up to 35-40 mph. Bit choppy though on small waves {ocean**, comes down like a rock with that tri-hull. On a lake would do alot better I imagine.

That's quite respectful speed. I was hoping to get around 40-42mph with my 85 Merc. Now I'm curious.

tallcanadian

Captain
Well it's been exactly a week since the move. Where does the time go? We are just about all settled in. I'm really enjoying this place. We are out of the city and have only trees for neighbours. I sit out on the deck anytime of the day and hear birds, crickets. Last night I was sitting out and could hear birds, frogs and watch a great light show from fire flies. The stars were amazing. Simple things I know but it's been a long time since I've seen so much natural activity. I'm truly blessed. I've attached a couple of pics. My favourite part of all this is the 24x24 garage we built for the Gypsy. I will bringing her home in 2 or 3 weeks. I can't wait. We still have landscaping to do but will worry about that next spring.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Nice set up TC ! And I think I see the grill has already made the trip .. :p

tallcanadian

Captain
Thanks Guys. Its quite a spot. And yes, the grill was fired up on the first day and has been used almost everyday since.

fstorm08

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Well it's been exactly a week since the move. Where does the time go? We are just about all settled in. I'm really enjoying this place. We are out of the city and have only trees for neighbours. I sit out on the deck anytime of the day and hear birds, crickets. Last night I was sitting out and could hear birds, frogs and watch a great light show from fire flies. The stars were amazing. Simple things I know but it's been a long time since I've seen so much natural activity. I'm truly blessed. I've attached a couple of pics. My favourite part of all this is the 24x24 garage we built for the Gypsy. I will bringing her home in 2 or 3 weeks. I can't wait. We still have landscaping to do but will worry about that next spring.

muchos congrats to you TC!!

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
OK, sooo, get busy and build on a Guest Room with a Big ole' king size bed And me and the Admirial will be up to VISIT!!!!
Congrats on the new DIGS!!!!! Well Deserved my Man!!!!

tallcanadian

Captain
OK, sooo, get busy and build on a Guest Room with a Big ole' king size bed And me and the Admirial will be up to VISIT!!!!
Congrats on the new DIGS!!!!! Well Deserved my Man!!!!

Come on up anytime. We got lots of room. I can't wait to get my boat home. I am shooting for the 2 or 3rd week in July. Fingers crossed.

tallcanadian

Captain
Okay, so this was a productive weekend. After beating off the hornets that decided to make my boat their home, I was able to get her in the garage and decap once again. The humidity was perfect this weekend and that made for some fast curing gelcoat on the deck. I put on one coat of no wax, then one coat of wax gelcoat. This was my first time using it but it went on like butter and set up within a couple of hours. Next came fitting the carpet then gluing it down. I know a lot of you don't like carpet but I like the softness on my tootsies. lol. Finally fitting the cap back on for the last time, moulding screwed on and rub rail installed. The interior still has to be re installed but at least I was able to get her home.

De cap once again.

Gelcoat just about burned my retinas.

Carpet fitting

Two and a half years packed up ready for the 3 hour drive.

All my toys are now home.

ahmincha

Lieutenant Commander
Well congratulations on the move and boat is looking good you'll be splashing in no time

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Congrats on getting her moved into it's new home ! She really looking good with the freshly laid carpet and painted O/B ..

jbcurt00

Staff member
Looking good in the new digs............... Congrats on the move

mandvwagner

Seaman
Looks good, that looks like the same carpet I got, hopefully I am going to be putting it down this weekend.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.