1978 Evinrude 115 warning buzzer

ken_kaniff

Seaman Apprentice
While out driving my boat around on the lake, my boat will all of a sudden have the warning buzzer go off. It happens at different times... like sometimes right after I put it in the water and I'm just cruising around, it will go off for about 4 minutes and then shut off. Sometimes I'll be pulling people tubing and stuff and then when I'm heading back in at a slower pace it will go off. Usually if I turn the boat off and wait for a minute or so it will go back off. What all does that buzzer cover? What can I do to fix it?

Chinewalker

Fleet Admiral
Re: 1978 Evinrude 115 warning buzzer

On a 1978, the only thing it covers is overheating. When was the last time you had the waterpump serviced?
- Scott

ken_kaniff

Seaman Apprentice

just had the water pump serviced before she went in the water this summer

ken_kaniff

Seaman Apprentice

I should also mention that this when this buzzer goes off, its not when its really hot out. I don't think the engine is over heating, I'm thinking its a crossd wire, or something with the thermostats?? but i'm sure you guys know better

Chinewalker

Fleet Admiral

Thermostats could cause it, as could a shorted wire. I believe you can find a test by Joe Reeves for the overheat horn here on the site with a quick search...
- Scott