1978 18' Starcraft Super Sport Restore

Hello everyone,

I'm new to the boat restoring world and I was hoping someone could point me in the direction of a restore tread for a 1978 era 18 foot Starcraft Super sport I/O? My dad and I just purchase one that is gutted down to the flooring and we're going to replace all the flooring and back transom. A lot of the other forms I have been looking at which have been great are all O/B 16 footers.

Thanks,

Rasdiir

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hello everyone,

I'm new to the boat restoring world and I was hoping someone could point me in the direction of a restore tread for a 1978 era 18 foot Starcraft Super sport I/O? My dad and I just purchase one that is gutted down to the flooring and we're going to replace all the flooring and back transom. A lot of the other forms I have been looking at which have been great are all O/B 16 footers.

Thanks,
The Starcraft forum here on iBoats has a few different SuperSport I/O restorations: https://forums.iboats.com/forum/starcraft-boats.131/

What engine I/O?
Omc, with Omc stern drive. We got all the parts and are rebuilding it currently. The engine was sitting in a shop for 30 years and of all things the wrist pins on the pistons were rusted. No rust on cylinder walls though. See something new all the time.