1977 Wellcraft Airslot 165 Fisherman

vogee

Cadet
We have recently purchased a 1977 Wellcraft Airslot 165 Fisherman in overall good condition. We have had no luck in locating other boats like ours. We are wanting to bring the boat back to original condition. We are just curious to see other boas like ours and for information to restore ours. So, if anyone knows of forums, has pictures, etc we would enjoy hearing from you.

Attachments

• 100_2154.jpg
    100_2154.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 0
  • DSCF2278.jpg
    DSCF2278.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 0

oops!

Supreme Mariner
Re: 1977 Wellcraft Airslot 165 Fisherman

hi....welcome to iboats !

she looks pretty stock to me....

remember....this is YOUR BOAT you can do what ever you want to it.

like staining the wood sections ans covering them with spar varnish.

adding cockpit lights.

customise the boat.....make it your own !

southkogs

Staff member

No kiddin', besides needing a little cleaning and woodwork - it's in great shape. I like the layout and style too - Cool boat!

vogee

Cadet

Thanks, sticky is good description. My fiance is the boater, I am completely a newbee. We haven't put her in the water yet, only had her three days. We have sanded all the wood & applied real oil. He removes all the hardware & replaced all the screws with stainless steel. With the holiday weekend we had to wait to get her licensed & titled to take her out. We are looking at seating options to allow more people on board when it isn't just us. Also, we want to have her canvassed to be almost completely enclosed for weather & to stay on. Even though she doesn't have a cabin we thought with her large deck we would get creative. This would allow us to get away while maintaing a smaller boat. I am enjoying all the threads, learning lots, & would continue to enjoy an input or ideas.

Your boat is very cool. I have a 24' fisherman. Do some research and you will find great info on this hull style. The v20 wellcraft site has some info on the airslots. They ride dry and bulletproof. have fun