1976 Winner 2450 Family Flybridge

CaptainVlad

Cadet
Hello All,

I have a 1976 Winner Family Flybridge that I am planning on restoring. Has anyone here done it before and or have any advices to offer?

PS: See attachment for a picture of it.

Attachments

• IMG_0223.jpg
    IMG_0223.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 0

Bondo

Staff member
Re: 1976 Winner 2450 Family Flybridge

Hello All,

I have a 1976 Winner Family Flybridge that I am planning on restoring. Has anyone here done it before and or have any advices to offer?

PS: See attachment for a picture of it.

Ayuh,.... Welcome Aboard,.... How 'bout I move this to the Restoration forum for ya,....

Lotsa Great help, 'n Info in there,... Have ya done any explorin' to see her present Conditions,..??

CaptainVlad

Cadet

Thank you for moving the thread... I have indeed explored her conditions. The hull is in very good condition, the engine will need to be tuned up, and I am thinking about upgrading the outdrive to possibly a bravo with twin props. I have already pulled out the current flooring, slowly working on replacing it.

I am still working on finding the material for the side panels as i don't want the old vinyl over plywood. I did think about using starboard at first but the weight and the price are a big turnoff. Then I did think of using PVC panels, but I was worried about it shrinks and or expanding. I am really thinking about making the panels with fiberglass over gelcoat... Any Sugestions???

CaptainVlad

Cadet

what needs to be "restored" ?

Almost everything... I am pulling the floor out right now. It seems that it originally has carpet over glass, but I thinking about spraying gelcoat over the glass once I am one with it.

carribbean soul

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Is that house wiring on the side? ugh.. the dog house built with drywall screws:facepalm:

CaptainVlad

Cadet

Is that house wiring on the side? ugh.. the dog house built with drywall screws:facepalm:

I believe so, but that was from previous owner. I already pulled all the flooring out and do plan on rewiring the whole thing.