1975 Sea Ray SRV 240 Sport Bridge Cuddy Leak?

Searay87

Petty Officer 2nd Class
DSCN0389[1].JPGDSCN0387[1].JPGDSCN0385[1].JPGDSCN0380[1].JPGI'm considering the purchase of a 1975 SRV 240 Sport Bridge. The teak strips in the cuddy are blackened and same with the white carpet(see pics). I've asked the vendor to explain and he tells me that it does look like there is or has been a leak but that he has never found it to be wet. Has anyone seen this before in other boats? Any comments would be appreciated. I'm not willing to purchase without an explanation.

Thanks!

badkins50

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: 1975 Sea Ray SRV 240 Sport Bridge Cuddy Leak?

to me it looks like it is or has been leaking around the rub rail and that could be mold and/or dirt from it in that seem there above the windows. the one is the front corner look as if a leak from the anchor locker or even the rub rail again caused the same situation again. good luck and let us know. defiantely get it surveyed before hand.

produceguy

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: 1975 Sea Ray SRV 240 Sport Bridge Cuddy Leak?

It's hard to say. My first thought on the teak is that those don't look like ss screws and that can cause the wood to discolor around those areas were the screws are. Have you felt the wood to see if it's actully rot.