1974 starcraft 16 ft super sport

anderso8623

Petty Officer 1st Class
I don't know if I can work with this site anymore, guys! They try ed to make a site that is mobile compatible but it is junk! I just wrote an entire paragraph explaining the previous pic and it said I cold not post it. Half the posts I try and write do not show up! This update is garbage and I refuse to use it!!!!!!!! Sorry about that. I almost threw my phone. That's how frustrated this new update makes me! So I took my motor in, bad wiring through out; 1 cylinder not firing; all a mess. I think I can remember wire it no prob. One at a time. Either way, found a Glasser with a 2000 merc 50hp on it. It's a 1987 mako 17. Nice boat but a little rough. Won't be taking the starcraft to Houghton lake I'll he taking this one. This trip and the month of August will seal the fate of one of the boats. To be continued....

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner
That Mako looks pretty nice, you know, if a guy were actually into glassers:playful:

I used to spend my summers at Houghton Lake as a kid, fantastic fishing. Seems like that lake got really, really busy in the late 90's. Haven't been back there in decades.

anderso8623

Petty Officer 1st Class
Well, the boats a little heavy for the 50. If I were to keep it, I would have to upgrade to at least a 90. Even with a 90 I bet it will still be a dog. The 50 hits 22 with a 10 pitch prop and just me on the boat. Throw another person on it and you are down to 17; 3 people and you are at 14.

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
I have a 55 on a 16 SeaNymph, it's perfect for it. The max HP is 70 for the 55 fills the bill but you don't get any place real quick, low 30's loaded with guys in it.

anderso8623

Petty Officer 1st Class
Well, back to reality! Great news! The old Merc 402 started! My brother and I, mostly my brother, rewired the harness as best as we could. Turned her over after a few failed attempts and now she purrs like a kitten! Question, should there be a telltale for the water pump? I see videos with them but I do not get one. Also, there are two bolts on the leg of the motor that attach the clap to the motor. One seems to leak a little water, I'll post a video as soon as I have a chance.

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014

anderso8623

Petty Officer 1st Class
How necessary is this tear down? Will the motor run the rest of the season without it? I'd like to get it on the water and utilize it before I start ripping it apart again. You know, fix it over winter.